Monday, March 25, 2013

The best best friend a girl could have.

On Friday evening as I was completing my nightly ritual of facewashing followed by 432,890,432 lotions and potions to prevent premature aging and wrinkles, I had the living shit scared out of me by a near 6 ft. ginger who just magically appeared in my bathroom.

OMG. My bestie circa 1995 hopped a plane from DC to surprise me for the weekend! I've never been so happy to almost crap my pants in all my life.

After I regained consciousness and started breathing again, we spent our weekend doing what all besties do: mani/pedis, copious amounts of shopping, delicious lunches and dinners, planning my next trip to DC and reading bedtime stories to one very special boy who was simply delighted to have Aunt Caitlin visiting.

If you ask me what happened the night this photo was taken, I will have to kill you. Have a nice day.

I realize that not everyone is lucky enough to have a friend who pretty much knows your whole life. It's an easy kind of friendship--you never have to explain stories or people from tour past, and whether it's been 40 minutes or 40 days since our last phone call, it honestly doesn't matter. As an added bonus, she just intuitively knows when to hop on a plane and scare the beans out of me. Probably because she's a lawyer. 

No comments: