Monday, November 12, 2012

I came, I saw, I crafted.

I'm generally not a crafty person and 9 times out of 10 would rather pay someone to craft on my behalf and then subsequently display it in my home as if I'd done it myself.

But as every good fake crafter knows, it just takes one trip to Hobby Lobby, a cheap bottle of wine and an afternoon with nothing on the schedule to let the beast out. And that's exactly what happened to me yesterday.

Tools: empty bottles, yarn, scissors, a glue gun & some flower accessories.
Thank you, Jill, for teaching me the difference between a high and low temp hot glue gun. Also, my fingers thank you.

About 45 minutes later:



Mantle decor!

And onto my favorite project of the weekend...the wall hooks! I've been looking for a really unique set of hooks for our entryway pretty much since we moved. After hunting down all my favorite retailers, etailers and antique shops, I couldn't find one I loved that was worth its price tag. So what's a girl to do with an old piece of scrap wood and a few knobs from Hobby Lobby? Make one!
 


I painted the circular ones red, because they were originally white and got lost on the board behind it. Knobs & pulls are almost always 50% off at Hobby Lobby, so with a little over a $10 investment, some epoxy and a little manpower from Joey and his drill, we have one of the coolest (and most unique!) coat racks in town.

In unrelated news, I have a LOT of yarn lying around that needs a purpose. I can't promise I won't start wrapping kitchen chairs and toilets with the stuff. 

No comments: