Friday, March 4, 2011

Together again.

My Grandma T. went to join my Grandpa in Heaven last night. Her health has been ailing for awhile, so I am at peace knowing she's in a better place and finally reunited with her hubby of 60+ years.

Grandma was a very strong woman who raised her family the ol' fashioned, rough-and-tumble, on the farm kind of way. She was a fantastic knitter (is that a word?) and the blankets and booties she made for our family will be treasured keepsakes for years to come. She had a love of Extra spearmint gum (always hidden in the kitchen cupboard behind the plates) and was a whiz at solitaire and crosswords. She was an excellent baker, but my favorite of all her treats will always be gullets (a Hungarian waffle cookie). She raised 4 crazy (and I do mean crazy...) boys who all grew up to be wonderful men. They each married and started families of their own, and in all, her legacy currently totals 13 grandchildren (+10 spouses) and 11 great-grandchildren.

Today we celebrate her long, blessed life and the family that all started with her. We love you, Gram!


2 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Kristi. I share your sadness. May you feel God's peace and comfort. I wish I could be there to celebrate Great Aunt Dorothy's life with you.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry for your loss. A beautiful tribute to her, though! And from the sounds of it, she was well loved!