Thursday, June 5, 2014

Where it all began.

In honor of Throwback Thursday, I thought I'd share a glimpse into how it all began with Alex and Harper's Mommy and Daddy.

We're that couple. We met at work. It was awkward and secret and totally not how any relationship should probably start, but it makes for some great stories and even better memories.

Our first actual conversation was totally staged. And recorded. The company we both worked for was filming and photographing a product for an upcoming ad campaign, and instead of hiring models, they used real employees as "background people."

I knew he was going. He knew I was going. We both knew everyone wanted to set us up. AWKWARD.

Then, to make matters worse (better?), the photographer randomly "posed" us together as a couple chatting in the background "because we looked right together." So there's that. We probably should add him to our Christmas card distribution.


Totally normal first date, right?

1 comment:

Kim and Steve said...

I had NO IDEA about this! I think it's great that you actually have a picture of it! We don't have a picture of our first "not date," but how fun to have one! I also think it's pretty fun that you went through with it even though you KNEW others were trying to set you up.