Friday, June 20, 2014

Harper and the Hippo.

The irony of this moment is not lost on me. I sit here typing my baby girl's 8 month update from the lobby of the hospital as we all wait for the arrival of my brother and SIL's very first baby, "Rookie."

He and Jill are in the room that will change their life forever. They're Exhausted. Overjoyed. Anxious. The warming table is empty and waiting for our sweet Rookie. Kyle's pacing the floor. Jill is as comfy as she can be in her bed & loving the epidural through the contractions. I'm so proud of them.

I remember that day and those moments before we had Alex. You don't know what you don't know, but all you know is that you want your baby NOW. Or yesterday. You want to just bypass all the crazy and skip right to being a family. It's the worst and best kind of limbo.

And here I sit, five years after my "limbo" with two little munchkins. One who is 5 going on 17 and is kind, funny, loving and sweet. And another who is a bucket full of sugar and sass and is eight months. Time, you are a jerk.




This sweet angel has made quite a bit of progress over the last month. She scooting in an "I can get myself from here to there but it's not exactly crawling" sort of way. She loves her bouncer and exersaucer and her personality is the size of a 3 year old. 

And the girl can EAT. She has a very strong opinion (and lets us know it) about dinner. She knows what we're giving her is flavorless mushy crap, and she is like I WANT RIBS! I WANT TACOS! I keep telling her that as soon as she grows a tooth, I'll be happy to oblige. Girl loves bananas, though.

In summary, she's an absolute delight. Sleeps and eats like a dream, but mighty me she's going to be a HANDFUL. She's a mover, a shaker and a talker. Basically, she's me in a tiny little nugget body and diapers. What's that they say? Karma...

P.S. - Here's Alex at 8 months.

No comments: