Tuesday, April 15, 2014

V.

How is it that something can go from this:


 to this:


in five years?

Today is not about me--at ALL--but it's incredible what happens when you become a mother, isn't it? I'm the same, but I'm different. Five years ago, everything changed. Everything. And for the better, too.

The world is a much better place because this kid is in it. He's going to be something--I don't know what, exactly, but he'll change something, someone in a big way. His spirit and his soul are too strong and unique to just blend in and be a wallflower. I can't wait to sit back and watch all that magic happen in the years to come. I'm so glad he picked us.

He named his new "best friend" unicorn "Penny the Wonderpony" and decided he needed to wear his Hot Wheels hat today because "that's what 5 year olds do." He asked for blue cake pops and ice cream for dinner, and that's precisely what's going to happen . Because when you're 5, the world is your oyster.

And for those who want to see the bunk bed train room reveal, here you go:


Right after I stopped recording, he shouted, "This is the best birthday, everrrrr!" I'm so, so proud of this boy.

Alex, thank you for making me a Mommy, for making me better. You are sweet and kind and you remind me and everyone around you that life is to be lived with joy, gratitude and humor. You're awesome, dude.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

<----- CRYING HERE!! Oh beautiful! Oh pregnancy hormones!
Happy birthday, Alex!!

Abby said...

I can't believe what a boy he is now! Not a baby or a little kid anymore.