Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I will never forget.

It was my freshman year of college. My roomie had just left for class and I was watching the news getting ready for the day. When I saw the unthinkable, I ran into the hall looking for someone, anyone with answers. I nearly ran into another friend, who had just ran out of his dorm room, too. We sat together for most of the morning and into the afternoon, filled with fear, sadness and anger. I will never forget.

And although Alex is too young to remember, I will teach him about the tragedy of that day when he is old enough to really understand the gravity of the situation. For now, his young mind knows that bad people exist, and sometimes they do very bad things.

More importantly, however, the boy is PROUD to be an American, and I am proud to be his Momma.

No comments: