Thursday, April 5, 2012

High on thrifting Thursday.

Mandy over at Harper's Happenings does a link-up on Thursdays called "High on Thrifting." Considering that roughly 9 out of any 10 adventures to thrift and antique shops yield absolutely nothing for me, I've had very little to contribute to the cause.

HOWEVER.

A few weekends ago, Joey and I went to visit 2 of our favorite peeps in all the world, Jason and Sarah. (Yes, that Sarah.) They live in Grand Rapids, a place I could be convinced to move to in approximately 2.5 seconds. Moot point.

Anyhow, Sarah has the gift of shopping. For realsies. The girl can find anything. In any store. And it's probably also on clearance and the last one left or quite possibly ever made. And it fits perfectly and you already have shoes to go with it. She's a shopping savant.

She took us to this little gem of a store called Changing Thymes. Think antique store meets craft shop meets re-purposed furniture depot. Yes, heaven.

I found a number of delightful purchases, but here are my two most favoritest:


This little number used to be an old record player cabinet. In fact, still has the gold engraved plates in it and everything. I love it probably more than I should love any inanimate object. Plus, I love that someone already did the work of refinishing, painting and distressing it. Definitely worth paying a little more $$. And the color? Please. It will be so kickass in our new house.


These were SUCH a fun find--a bag of REALLY old wooden blocks! Sarah and I spent about 20 minutes on the floor of the store rearranging the letters to spell something...anything. I finally got our last name, and as if that weren't enough...there were enough letters leftover to spell HER last name (with a little creative use of 2 upside down U blocks). Only one block was left after we did that. Isn't that weird? I sort of love that there's a little piece of this set in each of our homes.

Head on over to the Haps and see what other treasures people are finding...and share yours!

No comments: